LAWYER MONTHLY JOB OF THE WEEK: BARRISTER
Each week in along with our law jobs partner Simply Law Jobs we'll be bringing you one of the top legal jobs in the UK. This week, we're featuring a Barrister role at Bright Line Law . Read more about this position and find out how you can apply below.
Each week in along with our law jobs partner Simply Law Jobs we’ll be bringing you one of the top legal jobs in the UK. This week, we’re featuring a Barrister role at Bright Line Law . Read more about this position and find out how you can apply below.
Bright Line Law BARRISTER – LONDON
Start date: Flexible. Preferably, as soon as possible.
The position offers an exciting opportunity for a barrister with rights of audience who has completed, or is about to complete, their period of training (pupillage). Applications from barristers in the early years of practice, transferring solicitors and foreign qualified lawyers with a reduced pupillage requirement are encouraged.
Offering a combination of advocacy and advisory practice, the successful candidate will have a platform to build a practice as an employed barrister in an exciting and fast-developing area.
Bright Line Law specialises in financial crime and corporate crime work. Suitable candidates will have gained exposure to advocacy and be committed to developing a practice in cases involving allegations of financial wrongdoing.
Bright Line Law seeks to embrace the modernity of legal practice as an employed barrister in a boutique environment, whilst maintaining the heritage of a barrister’s Chambers. Bright Line Law’s offices are in the heart of legal London.
Short-listed by the FT Innovative Lawyers in Europe Awards for its contribution to the Rule of Law in 2017, Bright Line Law is authorised by the Bar Standards Board to accept professional referral instructions as well as public access cases and the right to conduct litigation.
Due to the current circumstances Bright Line Law is operating both a virtual and physical office, and the successful candidate will be afforded the flexibility of both.
Developing a barrister’s practice in corporate and financial crime cases;
Providing advisory, advocacy and research in the delivery of legal services to the firm’s clients, and working as a supporting barrister alongside the Employer’s Lead Counsel and Principal Associate;
Building client relationships and seeking new sources of work;
Participating in the delivery of business development projects, contributing to the development of web-based briefings, and assisting in the provision of consultancy, training, and conference services.
Providing administrative support where necessary.
1. Undergraduate degree (First Class or Upper Second, or international equivalent).
2. Legal practice qualification. Experience of work in criminal cases.
3. Dedication to developing a legal practice specialising in the field of corporate and financial crime.
4. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and under pressure.
5. Excellent communication and advocacy skills, with the ability to write and speak clearly and succinctly.
6. Research and analytical skills of an excellent order.
7. Ability to meet deadlines and a strong attention to detail.
8. Highly motivated, with good judgment, sensitivity, flexibility, and tact.
To apply click here
You will be required to provide the following:
1. A full C.V.
2. A covering letter explaining in a maximum of 250 words suitability for the role and how the job will assist career development.
Early applications are encouraged.
If shortlisted, two examples of written work and two references will be required.