ArchiMed acquires In Vitro Diagnostics
ArchiMed announces the purchase of Diesse Diagnostica Senese SpA (‘Diesse’) by Duomodiag Sarl, a holding company backed by ArchiMed through its MED II fund
ArchiMed announces the purchase of Diesse Diagnostica Senese SpA (‘Diesse’) by Duomodiag Sarl, a holding company backed by ArchiMed through its MED II fund, with bank finance provided by leading Italian banks MPS Capital Services and BPER. The transaction was completed on May 2019.
Diesse is an Italian developer of innovative in vitro diagnostic (‘IVD’) systems for the diagnosis of infectious and autoimmune diseases, and hematology systems to test for inflammation. The company was founded in Siena in 1980 by a group of Tuscan research scientists and generated more than €22 million of revenues in 2018 from more than 100 countries. Diesse employs some 150 people.
Diesse was acquired from its founders and from Orphée SA, the Swiss subsidiary of Warsaw listed diagnostics group PZ Cormay SA.
goetzpartners supported ArchiMed as exclusive strategic adviser in the purchase of Diesse Diagnostica Senese S.p.A.
- Legal: Dentons (Pier Francesco Faggiano, Alessandro Fosco Fagotto, Ludovica Balbo di Vinadio, Tommaso Zanirato, Elena Venturini, Andrea Fiorelli, Matteo Chinaglia)
- Financial, Tax, Social Due Diligence: Deloitte (Marco Bastasin, Luca Bosco, Ivana Azzollini)
- Strategy Due Diligence: goetzpartners (Giovanni Calia, Michele Zanin)
- Regulatory: Terrana Consulting (Benedetto Terrana)
- M&A Advisory: ACXIT Capital Partners (Klaus Nestler, Alexander Bücker-Flürenbrock)
- Financing: Essentia Advisory (Alberto Arrotta, Fabio Minervini)
- Diesse’s founders were advised by Gatti Pavesi Bianchi (Legal – Franco Barucci, Andrea Palatini) and Azimut Global Counseling (Financial – Giancarlo Maestrini, Marco Rognoni, Massimo Polidori)
- Orphée SA was advised by Giovannelli e Associati (Legal – Alessandro Giovannelli, Stefano Traniello, Giulia Contestabile)
- MPS Capital Services and BPER were advised by Orrick (Legal – Marina Balzano, Giulio Asquini)