Digital Marketing Strategies for Law Firms
Online marketing is very crucial in the current fast-paced digital era.
As with other industries, clients heavily leverage online searches through Google and other search engines to find reliable law firms. Law firms should adopt an effective digital marketing campaign to compete fairly with others.
An effective digital marketing strategy for law firms requires a combination of a well-designed website, a heavy social media presence, paid ads, and email marketing campaigns. You should consider the following marketing strategies for your law firm.
#1 – Have a strong website
Law firms should have an optimized website to compete equally. Websites are the foundation of most digital marketing strategies, especially if you target the local market. Clients should learn more about your legal services and learn about various legal issues from your website.
You should have a site that reflects your legal services. For instance, if you are a personal injury attorney, your personal injury attorney web design should highlight your services and educate potential clients on various personal injury cases. You should also optimize your website to maximize lead conversion. If your website visitors just browse your web pages and leave, you should make changes to convert them into leads. Effective changes include:
- Include calls to action – You shouldn’t shy off from letting website visitors know that they can contact you for consultations and other legal services. Include a “Contact Us” or “Schedule a Free Consultation” button on all your web pages.
- Optimize for mobile devices – Many people currently browse the internet from their smartphones and mobile devices. Making your site mobile-friendly increases accessibility.
- Include a live chat feature – Including a live chat on your website encourages site visitors to ask questions or clarifications.
#2 – Invest in social media presence
Social media platforms provide an excellent avenue for connecting with potential customers and industry leaders. Apart from encouraging your employees to post actively on social platforms, you should create a heavy social media presence for your law firm. Being present on social platforms allows you to engage and convert followers into clients.
Social media users can learn your operating hours, area of practice, and direct contacts from your socials. However, this doesn’t mean you should board all available social media sites. The following platforms can prove beneficial:
- Facebook – With billions of monthly users, most people use Facebook to connect socially with friends and their preferred brands. Unless your legal services are very specialized (business and compliance law), your law firm can benefit significantly from Facebook.
- Twitter – Law firms can also use Twitter to build an audience. Law firms specializing in intellectual property, entertainment, and sports law can benefit from Twitter.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is a social media platform for businesses and companies. Attorneys in compliance and business, corporate, and administrative law can gain a lot from LinkedIn.
You should also have optimized TikTok, YouTube, Quora, and Instagram profiles.
#3 – Email marketing campaigns
Email marketing campaigns remain an effective marketing method, especially for law firms looking to convert more leads. Email marketing is very effective in promoting products and services. However, law firms can use email campaigns to initiate and strengthen client relations.
You should market your legal services using email marketing for various reasons. For starters, more than 4.3 billion people will have email accounts by 2024. This is half of the world’s total population. That aside, email users are very engaged and receptive to all messages, with a 17% open rate. You should design and implement a legal email marketing strategy that goes beyond conventional email marketing campaigns. Use your email marketing for the following:
- Making announcements, sharing news, and promotions
- To inform new clients about your services and other specifics
- Roll out a newsletter for legal news and interesting law facts
- Loyalty emails to thank your long-term clients
#4 – Create online profiles
You should have the following online profiles for your law firm:
- An optimized Google My Business Page – Creating a Google My Business page makes it easy to appear on local Google search results. Your GMB profile should have your firm’s name, contact information, and accurate address.
- Legal directories – Your law firm should also be listed in local business directories. Common business directories for law firms include FindLaw, Lawyers.com, HG.Org, Yahoo Directory, and LawInfo.
Creating a dynamic digital marketing strategy increases brand awareness, leads, and conversions. Note that digital marketing keeps evolving, and what’s effective today may not produce results tomorrow. You should keep trying different digital marketing strategies. You should also try paid ads, SEO, videos, and content marketing.