Auto Dialler vs Preview Dialler: Which One Is Right for You?
Almost everything has become quantifiable, measurable, and actionable these days due to computing technology’s advances. The phone and other traditional tools for communication are no exception. Even quick physical tasks are already subject to automation in today’s world driven by calculated risk and increased efficiency.
One of the products of these technological advancements is dialing tools. In terms of speed, the mere fingers of humans aren’t going to cut it when the name of the game is productivity. Auto and preview diallers assist call centres in dialling the correct numbers and figuring out who to call. So, which one is right for you or your organization?
This article will review the following to determine which solution suits you best: what auto-diallers and preview diallers share in common, and the differences between the two dialing tools. This will also look at the benefits of each solution, as well as each dialler’s use cases.
Dialler Software: Why Do You Need One?
What are the available strategies for boosting sales? When thinking of expanding your business or company, that’s probably the question that comes to your mind.
Any call centre’s regular task involves generating leads, nurturing them, and then converting them into customers or clients. Of course, excellent communication with the customer is one of the things that play an essential role in lead conversion. To achieve that task, you need the most appropriate outbound dialler.
Automating calls with dialler software also eliminates various mundane tasks, apart from making excellent communication possible and maintaining it. Call agents don’t have to perform the following anymore when using either an auto-dialer or preview dialler:
- Selecting who to call and dialling their numbers manually
- Waiting for the dialled individuals to pick up the call
- Tracking any previous communications with a specific customer or client
- Noting down vital conversation points and remembering each of them
- Redialling numbers when a call drops because of problems with signals
- Voicemail recording
Automated solutions, like diallers, act as the brain of your call process even though they can never replace your agents. Auto-diallers and preview diallers help your representatives focus more on maintaining excellent communication by removing their repetitive tasks.
Auto and preview diallers assist call centres in dialling the correct numbers and figuring out who to call.
Auto-diallers And Preview diallers: What Do They Have In Common?
There’s no such thing as a fully automated system for call centres yet. The closest thing that a call centre management can get in terms of automation is dialler technology. The end goal of this tool is an industrial level of productivity.
Success in call centres depends on how many contact numbers agents can dial. Taking the back seat is personalisation and the ability to perform additional research. That’s why dialing systems rely on the principle or idea that probability will triumph over precision.
It’s pretty clear why fully automating the call center process isn’t possible. A robot can’t respond to a complete range of scenarios appropriately. That’s in the event the lead or customer picks up. However, you can’t be sure what most people will do after realising that they’ve received a call from a recorded message.
Differences Between Auto-diallers And Preview diallers
There are several significant differences between an auto-dialler and a preview dialer despite both tools helping streamline the dialing process. To understand their differences, you need to take a closer look at each system, their benefits, and who are the most suitable to use each software.
What’s An Auto-dialler?
An auto-dialler is a dialling system that makes automatic dialling of numbers possible. The user of the software only needs to upload the list of prospects and immediately start the campaign. Every time a call is picked up, the auto-dialler either connects it to an agent or plays a recorded message.
Success in call centres depends on how many contact numbers agents can dial.
The sequence of the contact list you’ve uploaded is what the auto-dialler will follow once it starts making the calls. It connects the call to any representative available, without missing any single contact. If the dialled number moves to voicemail when unanswered, the agent can then choose to drop it. An auto-dialler saves an agent time by eliminating the need to dial prospects’ numbers manually or recording a voicemail for every unanswered call.
Note that an auto-dialler also gives users the option to activate cool-off time. It’s a handy feature, especially for agents that need to make notes of their previous call before starting a new conversation with another contact. Despite giving users sufficient cool-off time, an auto-dialler can still make up to 80 successful dials every hour.
In this challenging time of the pandemic, cloud-based auto-diallers are also already available. Agents can work from remote locations using such systems.
Benefits Of Using An Auto-dialler
The following are the benefits that auto-diallers bring to the table for their users:
- Improved Efficiency In A Call Centre’s Operation – There’s no more manual dialling when implementing an auto-dialing system. It means that various call constraints, like call drops, excessive wait time, and misdialling, won’t be a problem anymore. Of course, it results in improved operational efficiency in the call centre. Auto-diallers can detect non-serviceable numbers, voicemails, and busy signals, so only connected calls get routed to the agents once the dialling process begins automation. There’ll be a remarkable increase in the call-connect ratio as a result. Not only will there be improved efficiency in the operation, but higher productivity will also happen when there are more connected calls.
- Excellent Interaction With Customers – The primary goal of call centres is to maintain interaction with customers or clients. It’s a process that can be quickly done with the help of auto-dialling software. Rather than performing unnecessary tasks, agents can focus on the calls they’re handling.
- Agent’s Call Time Is 100% Utilised – Compared to manual dialling, an agent’s talk time is at an optimum level when using auto-diallers. As already mentioned, the call-connect ratio improves because of the minimised idle time. Of course, agents also become more productive.
The primary goal of call centres is to maintain interaction with customers or clients.
Where An Auto-dialler Is Most Suitable
In a remote working scenario, auto-dialling systems can be beneficial. They’re also ideal for small support teams. Agents will attend to a single call at a time since there’s only one line needed.
Small to medium-sized businesses can benefit from auto-dialling software in terms of operational and sales efficiency. However, taking maximum advantage of the tool isn’t only limited to business organisations. A single agent or an entrepreneur can also reap its benefits.
Auto-diallers work best for organisations that want to make their communication with clients more personalised and meaningful. Companies can also ensure that individual notes from calls are logged in and saved correctly because auto-dialing software integration with a CRM system is possible.
What’s A Preview Dialler?
A preview dialing system is actually an auto-dialler itself. It’s just that before dialing the number, it can make agents aware of essential customer information. Simply saying, before the dialler places the call, an agent can see some vital details about the prospect or client.
A preview dialler gives agents an option to either allow the software to dial the number or skip it based on the information that pops up. This tool makes the outbound calling strategy more result-oriented. It also saves so much agent time.
Another advantage of using preview diallers is the time it provides to agents to prepare, allowing them to give the most accurate solution to every prospect or customer. It helps your representatives communicate with clients in the best way possible because they have the right insights about the person on the other line.
Auto-diallers work best for organisations that want to make their communication with clients more personalised and meaningful.
Benefits Of Using A Preview Dialler
The following are the benefits that preview diallers bring to the table for their users:
- Valuable Customer Insight Before The Call – This benefit is worth mentioning again because it’s really what a preview dialler is all about. The tool provides a screen pop containing all the vital information gathered on a client lead or customer so far. The pop-up delivers valuable customer insight before the call because every note and disposition about the client is in it. After reviewing these details, your representative can choose to either dial out or proceed with it. Agents enter the call more prepared with a preview dialler. That’s because they’re more informed, unlike on other types of diallers wherein they talk to leads blindly. They’ll know what they need to do once the prospect picks up because they’re already armed with the necessary details before the call.
- Better Agent Morale – Agents have a better chance of successfully closing the deal when they have warm leads with accessible contact numbers. It’s true no matter how much they hate cold calling. The constant demand to call someone is one of the telemarketing front line’s most demoralising things for agents. You’re simply churning numbers in this case. However, you’re encouraging your representatives to take more initiative when you give them the option to bump a call from their queue using a preview-dialing system.
- Abandoned Calls Won’t Be A Problem Anymore – Call centres can essentially eliminate their abandonment rate when using a preview dialler. There’ll always be someone to talk to the customer since you or your representatives dial prospects one at a time. The number of customers reached makes up for the increased downtime that usually happens when using preview dialing software. The lower risk of calls getting abandoned makes preview dialing favourable in some conditions, even though it’s slower compared to other auto-diallers. Connecting with each prospect is a requirement when you don’t want to drop any of the hot leads you have on your list. You’ll get the best chance of reaching them by reducing the odds of your prospects abandoning the call with the help of preview dialling systems.
- Ensure Individualised Attention For Every Call – Ensuring individualised attention for each call won’t be a problem if you and your representatives are handpicking which prospects to dial at which time. Note that it’s challenging to provide such a catered approach when agents are focused on quantity over quality; it happens when they mass-dial on other types of diallers. There’s that pressure to get off the call as quickly as possible when the dialling software dials multiple lines at a time. Any call centre’s agents can get to a deeper conversation level with customers when using preview diallers. That’s because there’s detailed information available before every call. Leads will be more likely to cooperate and work with you if they notice such a personalised approach.
- The Turning And Burning Of Leads Won’t Happen – There won’t be a need for agents to ‘turn and burn’ prospects through learning more about each call before it’s made. With the preview dialing tool, you can allow your team members to dial expensive leads without hesitation.
Where A Preview dialler Is Most Suitable
Blended call centres’ agents and managers can benefit from preview diallers. In these environments, agents have more information on what their customers need, and this data provides them with the necessary insights for more successful conversion.
The use of preview dialing software is the most ideal when you have guided a list of hot leads down your sales funnel. Use a preview dialler if you’re not willing to lose any of them.
Which Should You Choose: Auto-dialler Or Preview dialler?
One can’t say that one is better than the other when comparing these two dialing tools. It depends on the organisation or a call centre’s situation.
Preview diallers are inefficient when used to deal with a brand new list of leads that requires an initial dial-through. Use an auto-dialler that’s built for speed and efficiency instead, because connecting with prospects will take too much time if you dial numbers one by one. However, turn your prospective customers over to a preview dialler’s care once you’ve already come up with a robust list of leads. Doing so will allow you to take back control, keep yourself informed before dialing, and lose the abandoned calls.
Generally, aspects to consider when choosing between an auto-dialler and a preview dialler are your team’s size and the nature of the calls that your organisation is making. Of course, you should also consider your brand’s recognisability and the amount of personalisation you want for each prospect or client.
No matter what dialing technology you choose, one thing is for sure: they can significantly improve your call centre’s calling efficiency. Diallers make your team an unstoppable force, especially when paired with monitoring tools and powerful reporting.