Job of the Week: Healthcare Solicitor/Barrister
Each week along with our law jobs partner Simply Law Jobs we'll be bringing you one of the top legal jobs in the UK. This week, we're featuring a Healthcare Barrister. Read more about this position and find out how you can apply below.
Healthcare Regulatory Solicitor / Barrister – Nationwide – 3+ PQE
Location: North West
Salary: c.£50,000 + generous bonus (see below)
Job type: Permanent
Job sector: Private Practice
Experience: PQE 3
Remote based – flexible working – c.£50,000 + generous bonus (see below)
About Healthcare Counsel
Healthcare Counsel Ltd is a niche practice that advises health and social care providers about regulatory matters, often in the context of a crisis. Due to an increase in work recently, it is seeking an additional lawyer to join its principal.
Ideally, you will have experience of working as a healthcare regulatory lawyer. However, it is far more important that you:
- Prefer working independently and remotely.
- Prefer work that involves close attention to detail.
- Learn new areas of law quickly.
- Have a demonstrable interest in the health and social care sectors.
- Have a clear and persuasive writing style, with proven success in written advocacy.
- Have proven experience of analysing large volumes of information.
- Can provide examples of communicating confidently and effectively with a wide range of people.
- Have an interest in marketing through writing articles, delivering presentations, and providing training.
Are calm, and calming, in a crisis.
Experience of one or more of the following is preferable but not essential – your application will be considered without directly relevant experience:
- CQC enforcement
- Other regulatory and police investigations
- Contract monitoring
- Mental capacity and Court of Protection
- Mental Health law
- Information law
- Advising on complaints including Ombudsman investigations
- Drafting contracts
- Attracting new clients
About the role
You will be advising care home groups and other health and social care providers about a broad range of regulatory and public law matters. This will often be in the context of a regulatory crisis, with clients facing enforcement action from a range of public authorities. Your cases may attract media attention and you will be comfortable working as part of a team that may include the client and other advisors such as consultants and PR advisors.
The role will involve working remotely and with complete flexibility subject only to meeting:
- A modest target of 900 billable hours annually.
- Clients’ needs and deadlines.
You will share in the success you bring to Healthcare Counsel. You will accordingly be paid 50% of any receipts above the 900 hours target.
To apply click here