- RT @thebarcouncil: Alistair MacDonald QC named Vice Chairman-Elect of the Bar Council:
- Fun Fact: It?s illegal to ride an ugly horse in Wilbur, Washington, USA.
- Baker & McKenzie Celebrates 10 Years in Shanghai
- #ff @Finance_Monthly @boutiquedasilva
- RT @ChorusLaw: Why are Wills not allowed punctuation? Join in the debate on @STEPSociety discussion forums.
- Africa is ?next big thing? for lawyers
- RT @Finance_Monthly: ?We pay all the taxes we owe, every single dollar.? Apple CEO Tim Cook, defended the company over alleged tax avoidanc?
- RT @FTI_Global: Survey Results: Over 60% of global investors believe their countrys stock market will be up in 2013.
- Baker & McKenzie Hosts Myanmars Mining Minister to Discuss Myanmars Mining Future
- Forum responds to second reading of GDP figures which sees no revision
- Global technology M&A value grows 58% but deal volume falls 12% year-on-year in Q1 2013
- Top New Zealand IP firm expands use of online technology to enhance service delivery for patent and trademark clients
- Risk Averse Lawyers Lose Out on Innovation
- Law Society President to give evidence to House of Commons Justice Committee on legal aid on 11 June
- @KelsoPR You are more than welcome, thanks for taking part.
- Baker Tilly responds to Government?s review of tax rules for partnerships
- Mexicos tourism sector grows
- RT @reuters: Ireland says not to blame for Apples low tax rate
- UK women taking a career break could see their pension reduced by as much as £4,680 a year
- Record income sparks aquisition spree at DBS Law
CHINA M&A BOOM CONTINUES
Posted on: 22 March 2012
Written by: Claire Middleton
There is good news for Chinese M&A lawyers and businesses alike as the China M&A market is poised to continue to boom, with both inbound and outbound deals likely to show double-digit growth this year, according to a new report published this week by the investment banking firm Robert W. Baird (“China M&A Market 2011 Review and Outlook for 2012 and Beyond”).
In the report, Baird notes that, after stalling amid the global economic slowdown, deals in China reached record levels in 2010 and again in 2011, when they set another record high for both number of deals and average deal value. Main drivers of the activity appear to be an easing of restrictions on inbound acquiring companies and financial sponsors and the increasing strength of Chinese companies looking to expand overseas.
“Outbound M&A activity should continue to increase due to relatively attractive valuations for U.S. and European companies,” said Anthony Siu, Baird’s Shanghai-based Head of Asia Investment Banking. “Further, Chinese companies are in position to capitalize on opportunities in Europe stemming from the regional weaknesses and constrained credit."
Other key points from the report include:
- Deals over $1 billion and deals valued between $100 million and $499 million were the fastest growing segments of the total China M&A market.
- Outbound M&A registered a 23.8% increase in 2011 and is likely to keep growing as Chinese companies buy access to brands, technology and overseas markets.
- Outbound majority interest M&A rose even more strongly, with aggregate deal value up 29% to $42 billion in 2011, and volumes up 32% to 332 transactions.
- The number of majority interest deals has grown by 20% a year since 2001, reflecting changes in Chinese regulations for inbound strategics and financial sponsors and the goals of outbound Chinese acquirers.
- The leading sector for M&A in 2011 was Computers and Electronics, representing 17.3% of the total deal count, up slightly from 2010. This was followed by Real Estate and Property (8.4%), Professional Services (6.6%), Mining (6%) and Healthcare (5.7%).
So it seems the future is looking ever brighter for Chinese horizons, and as the report states, China’s economy has a direct, proven impact on the M&A market in the country and Baird ‘remains positive on China’s prospects for economic growth and cross-border M&A activity’.
- FAST Lawyersâ€™ Group discusses latest internet copyright and enforcement practices
14 Mar 2013 11:07 | Comments (0)
- Uncertainty is the biggest hurdle in fund regulation transitions according to leading think tank
04 Oct 2012 14:33 | Comments (0)
- PINSENT MASONS BOOSTS CLIENT SERVICE
18 Aug 2011 10:47 | Comments (0)
- Baker & McKenzie Advises Sportingbet On Major Domain Name Dispute
27 Sep 2012 16:13 | Comments (0)
- Career Legal Tops Legal Division of 2012 Standard Chartered Great City Race
13 Jul 2012 13:57 | Comments (0)
- Small businesses will be 'incandescent' if oil price fixing allegations are true, says Forum
15 May 2013 14:35 | Comments (0)
- Billionaire brothers charged in Hong Kong bribery scandal
13 Jul 2012 10:08 | Comments (0)
- Sierra Gorda and Abengoa Sign Two Transmission Line Agreements
13 Jul 2012 10:24 | Comments (0)
- BRAZILâ€™S ANTITRUST REGULATOR, FTC COMMISSIONER, APPELLATE COURT JUDGES ARE DISTINGUISHED SPEAKERS AT ABA SECTION OF ANTITRUST LAW FALL FORUM
01 Nov 2012 09:26 | Comments (0)
- DISTINGUISHED BUSINESS LEADERS DISCUSS TRADE AND INVESTMENT ACTIVITY ON THE NEW SILK ROAD
28 Sep 2012 12:08 | Comments (0)
- QATAR HOLDING IN INDONESIA
12 Dec 2011 14:54 | Comments (14)
- NESTLE BID CLEARS ANTITRUST
08 Dec 2011 15:25 | Comments (7)
- UBS recruits former Deutsche lawyer as first Asia-Pacific GC
18 Feb 2011 11:48 | Comments (5)
- BAR COUNCIL ON LEGAL AID
13 Dec 2011 15:20 | Comments (1)
- SUPREME COURT ON EMPLOYMENT
14 Dec 2011 12:13 | Comments (1)
- PREPARE NOW FOR NEW EU LEGISLATION
09 Feb 2012 09:18 | Comments (1)
- Domain name disputes will be quicker and cheaper in Brazil
28 Aug 2012 15:15 | Comments (1)
- Law Society urges caution over calls for separate representation
30 Aug 2012 11:06 | Comments (1)
- AXA response to Court of Appeal Judgment regarding Autofocus
04 Feb 2013 14:46 | Comments (1)
- LORDS COMMITTEE WARN AGAINST COMPLACENCY OVER EUROZONE CRISIS
13 Feb 2013 11:31 | Comments (1)
- Antony Hodari acquires high-profile personal injury firm
11 Sep 2012 11:06 | Comments (0)
- TAGLaw Awarded Elite Ranking
19 Mar 2013 10:35 | Comments (0)
- New money laundering accusations for global banking giant
19 Mar 2013 14:35 | Comments (0)
- JONES DAY MADRID – NEW ADDITIONS
13 Sep 2011 10:13 | Comments (0)
- CQS & LEXCEL FIRMS ACCESS TO PII PACKAGE
15 Sep 2011 10:40 | Comments (0)
- BAR COUNCIL TO TALK LEGAL AID AT LIB DEM CONFERENCE
16 Sep 2011 13:43 | Comments (0)
- ABA DISCUSS COURT UNDERFUNDING
20 Sep 2011 09:39 | Comments (0)
- FSA ACTED UNLAWFULLY, CONCLUDES KEYDATA JUDICIAL REVIEW
11 Oct 2011 16:22 | Comments (0)
- SCHULTZE & BRAUN: GERMAN LAW FIRM OF THE YEAR
05 Oct 2011 15:25 | Comments (0)
- ‘MODEST’ US RECOVERY PREDICTED
13 Oct 2011 09:08 | Comments (0)