VDB Loi clarifies Myanmar foreign investment rules at Amcham event in S’pore
18 Feb, 2013
The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore organizes a breakfast seminar on 25 February 2013 dedicated to the long-awaited rules on business activities that are allowed for foreign investment implementing the new Foreign Investment Law. Details have emerged on requirements for a local partner, special approvals and conditions for 100% foreign ownership.
In this briefing, VDB Loi lawyers and tax advisors in Myanmar clarify the new rules based on their on-the-ground knowledge and discussions with the key ministries.
- Which activities now require a joint venture, in practice?
- For which products can a foreign investor distribute as well as manufacture?
- How do the authorities interpret the new rules in real life cases?
- Based on actual experience, for which activity will you receive an Investment Permit?
- How do the conditions on export, raw materials, etc. actually work?
- Retail, distribution
- Cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, fuel, lubricants
- Foodstuffs, dairy, soft drinks and spirits
- Power, mining, oil and gas, chemicals
- Real estate, infrastructure, construction and hospitality
- Transport, media, oilfield services, airlines, clinics
Agriculture, livestock, rubber, fish-farms