IIC NEW ADVISORY COUNCIL MEMBERSHIP ANNOUNCED
21 Jun, 2011
The Institutional Investor Committee* has announced the membership of its newly formed Advisory Council**. The Advisory Council is made up of market practitioners from the institutional investment industry, each of whom is appointed in their individual capacity for an initial term of two years.
Chaired by Douglas Ferrans, Chairman of the Institutional Investor Committee, the Advisory Council will meet on an ad hoc basis to discuss issues affecting the institutional investment community.
The following individuals have been appointed to the Advisory Council:
- Alan Brown, Chief Investment Officer, Schroders
- James Charrington, Chairman of BlackRock EMEA
- Alain Dromer, Chief Executive, Aviva Investors
- Stuart Fowler, Investment Director – Equities, Aerion
- Roger Gray, Chief Investment Officer, Universities Superannuation Scheme
- Richard Lacaille, Global Chief Investment Officer, State Street Global Advisors
- Ray Martin, Chairman of the NAPF Investment Council and Vice President – Pensions at DeutschePost DHL
- Michael McLintock, Chief Executive, M&G
- Keith Skeoch, Chief Executive Officer, Standard Life Investments
Commenting, Douglas Ferrans, Chairman of the Institutional Investor Committee and the new Council said: “We are thrilled that leading representatives from the institutional investment industry have agreed to serve on the Advisory Council.
“The Council will ensure that the stewardship and corporate governance agenda is investor-led and will drive collective action on shareholder engagement.”
*The Institutional Investor Committee is made up of the Association of British Insurers, the Investment Management Association and the National Association of Pension Funds.
**Draft Terms of Reference for the Advisory Council:
- To provide a channel for the institutional investment community to be consulted on particular issues which impact upon its roles and responsibilities.
- To provide a mechanism for collective engagement with companies where necessary.
- To ensure the Institutional Investor Committee’s agenda is investor-led.